Public transport over the Midsummer weekend
On Midsummer Eve, Friday 24 June, a Saturday service will operate. On Midsummer Day, Saturday 25 June, a Sunday service will operate from late morning. Commuter trains will operate a Sunday service right from the morning.
On Thursday 23 June
A Friday service will operate, including night service on the night of Thursday/Friday.
Service routes in Espoo and demand responsive routes in Kirkkonummi will operate a Thursday service.
On Midsummer Eve, Friday 24 June
A Saturday service will operate.
U line buses will operate a Saturday service until 1pm, after which only some services will be operated. For more information, see the Matkahuolto timetable service.
Additional bus services to Seurasaari
On Midsummer Eve, HSL will provide additional bus services to Seurasaari. Bus 24S will run from Erottaja to Seurasaari approximately every seven minutes. The first bus from Erottaja will leave at 3.04pm and the last bus from Seurasaari will be at 1.31am.
Bus route 24 diverted on Midsummer Eve
Bus route 24 to Seurasaari will be diverted to run via Munkkiniemenaukio and Ramsaynranta from 12noon. Bus 24S will use the same route.
On Midsummer Day, Saturday 25 June
The Metro and trams will operate a Sunday service from about 11am onwards.
- However, tram 5 will operate a Saturday service.
- Tram 9 will operate special timetables in the morning.
- The first Metro services
Buses will operate a Sunday service from 10.40am.
- Bus 550 will start running at 10am.
- For U line timetables, see the Matkahuolto timetable service.
- Bus U848 will operate a Saturday service with the first bus leaving from Porvoo at 7.45am.
Commuter trains and the ferry to Suomenlinna will operate a Sunday service right from the morning.
Early morning services will operate on the Saturday/Sunday night.
- Night bus services running after midnight will mainly operate a Saturday service. Detailed timetables are available in the Journey Planner.
In addition, the following commuter trains will operate:
- L trains Helsinki-Kirkkonummi at 1.59am, 2.59am and 3.59am
- P train from Helsinki at 0.44am
- N trains Helsinki-Kerava at 11.44pm, 0.44am, 1.14am, 2.14am, 3.14am and Kerava-Helsinki at 0.27am, 1.57am, 2.57am and 3.57am
- T trains Helsinki-Kerava-Riihimäki at 2.44am and 4.14am and Riihimäki-Kerava-Helsinki at 0.52am and 1.52am