Transport services in the Helsinki region over Christmas
On 23 December, HSL’s buses, trams and the Metro will operate a Friday service.
On Christmas Eve 24 December, buses, the Metro and trams will operate a Saturday service until about 4pm.
- Bus services will operate a Saturday service until 4.45pm (departure time from the terminus). However, in Kirkkonummi, Kerava and Sipoo buses will run until about 4pm. U line buses will operate a Saturday service until 1pm, after which only some buses will be running.
- Commuter trains will operate a reduced service until about 5.30pm.
- The Metro will run until about 4pm.
- Trams will run until about 4pm.. Tram 5 will have additional service from the Central Railway Station 12.35pm-1.20pm and from the Katajanokka terminal 12.50pm-1.05pm.
- The Suomenlinna ferry will operate a Saturday service throughout the day.
On Christmas Day, 25 December, a Sunday service will operate from about 11am.
- In Helsinki, Espoo, Kauniainen and Vantaa, buses will operate a Sunday service from 10.30am. In the direction of Kerava, only route 633N will be running to a special timetable. Bus services to/from Sipoo and Kirkkonummi will not operate. U line buses will operate a reduced service.
- Commuter trains will operate a reduced Sunday service until about 11am after which they will operate a normal Sunday service. In addition, night commuter trains will operate on the night of Christmas Day..
- The Metro will run from about 11am.
- Trams will run from about 11am. Trams 5 and 9 will start running earlier in the morning to a special timetable.
- The Suomenlinna ferry will operate a Sunday service throughout the day.
For detailed timetables on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, see:
On Boxing Day 26 December, a Sunday service will operate.
Tram 5 will have additional service from the Central Railway Station 11.30am-12.20pm and from the Katajanokka terminal 11.30am-12.30pm.
Additional bus services to cemeteries on Christmas Eve
Hietaniemi cemetery is served by route 24X Asema-aukio-Hietaniemi. Bus 24 Merikatu-Erottaja-Seurasaari will not run via Hietaniemi on Christmas Eve. Kellonummi cemetery is served by routes 226A and 246K and Honkanummi cemetery by route 722, which will have additional services.
HSL Customer Services over Christmas
HSL’s service point at the Central Railway Station will be open on Tuesday 23 December until 5pm and closed 24 – 26 December. The Itäkeskus service point will be open on 23 December as usual until 5.15pm and closed 24 – 26 December.
HSL customer service line on 09 4766 4000 will be open on Christmas Eve 8am–3pm and on Christmas Day and Boxing Day 9am–5pm.
HSL’s Penalty Fares Office will close at 2pm on 23 December.