HSL public transport over the May Day bank holiday
On May Day eve, Monday 30 April, a Friday service will operate. On May Day, a Sunday service will operate. In Siuntio, service routes will operate a Monday service on 30 May. There will be plenty of additional bus, Metro and commuter train services on 30 April and 1 May. On Monday evening, tram routes will be diverted in downtown Helsinki from 4pm.
On the night of 30 April/1 May, there will be additional bus and commuter train services, and the Metro will run two hours longer than on a usual Friday.
On 1 May, the Metro will run three hours longer than usual, with 5-minute headways between Tapiola and Itäkeskus and 10-minute headways between Itäkeskus and Vuosaari/Mellunmäki and Tapiola and Matinkylä.
The last Metro departures:
M1 from Matinkylä to Vuosaari at 2.09am, from Kamppi to Vuosaari at about 2.27am, from Vuosaari to Matinkylä at 2.05am, from Rautatientori to Matinkylä at about 2.26am.
M2 from Tapiola to Mellunmäki at 2.20am, from Kamppi to Mellunmäki at about 2.32am and from Mellunmäki to Tapiola at 2am.
The Metro feeder bus routes 84 and 85B will run from Herttoniemi Metro Station to Laajasalo for three hours longer than usual. Other feeder services will operate as usual.
Additional bus services on 30 April
The following additional commuter train services will operate on the night of 30 April:
- L trains from Helsinki to Kirkkonummi at 1.33am, 2.33am and 5.03am and from Kirkkonummi to Helsinki at 1.29am, 2.29am, 3.29am.
- P train from Helsinki at 1.28am, 1.58am, 2.28am and 2.58am
- I trains from Helsinki at 0.36am, 1.06am, 1.36am, 2.06am and 2.36am.
Tram routes diverted on the evening of 30 April
Tram routes running via the Market Square will be diverted from about 4pm on 30 April due to May Eve celebrations around the statue of Havis Amanda.
- Tram 2 will run to the terminus of tram 1 in Eira via Mannerheimintie, Bulevardi and Fredrikinkatu.
- Tram 3 will run from Fredrikinkatu to the terminus of tram 1 in Eira. The tram will not serve the eastern end of Tehtaankatu.
Tram routes 2 and 3 will be replaced by bus 3X. The bus will run from Eteläranta along Laivasillankatu, Tehtaankatu, Laivurinkatu, Fredrikinkatu, Bulevardi and Albertinkatu to Pursimiehenkatu every 10 minutes 4pm-1.20pm.
Aleksanterinkatu will be reserved for pedestrians only from 4pm onwards.
- Tram routes 4 and 5 will be diverted to run from Katajanokka via Kruununhaka and the Central Railway Station. The trams will not serve Aleksanterinkatu between the Senate Square and the Student House (Ylioppilastalo).
- Tram 7 will run via the Central Railway Station. The tram will not serve Aleksanterinkatu and Kruununhaka.
Additional services on 1 May
On 1 May, a Sunday service will operate. There will be additional bus, tram and train services.
An additional bus 18V will run to Kaivopuisto Park. The bus will run every 10-15 minutes between Eira, Kamppi and Meilahti from 8.30am to 8pm.
Vihdintie bus routes 321 and 322 will have additional services 9.30am-2pm. Route 785K will have additional services from Nikkilä to Helsinki at 8.50am and 10.50am.
Additional tram services:
- Tram 2B Central Railway Station – Kaivopuisto 9am-8pm about every 10-12 minutes
- Tram 3B Linjat – Hakaniemi – Central Railway Station – Eira – Kaivopuisto 9am-8pm about every 10-12 minutes
- Tram 10B Kuusitie – Kirurgi 9am-7pm about 12 minutes
In addition, E trains will run every 30 minutes from Helsinki 9.27am – 9.27pm and from Kauklahti 9.36am – 10.06pm.
HS's service point opening hours on 30 April:
• Pasila 8.30am-4pm
• Itäkeskus 10.00am-5.15pm
• Central Railway Station 7.30am-5pm
• HSL's Penalty Fares Office 8.30am-2pm