Additional services on New Year's Eve
On New Year’s Eve, Tuesday 31 December, a Friday service will operate, with additional services operating on some bus routes. The metro, commuter trains to Helsinki Airport and L trains will operate later than usual. On New Year’s Day, Wednesday 1 January, a Sunday service will operate.
The metro runs three hours later than usual
On New Year’s night, the metro will run between Tapiola and Itäkeskus every 5 minutes and on the Matinkylä, Vuosaari and Mellunmäki sections every 10 minutes. All additional services, timetables and routes to your destination are available in the Journey Planner.
The metro feeder bus service 84 from Herttoniemi Metro Station to Gunillankallio in Laajasalo will also run three hours later than usual. The route will have additional services only in the direction of Laajasalo. Other metro feeder services will operate as usual. You can check the additional services on route 84 in the Journey Planner, as well as on the list of additional bus services over New Year. Some night buses service East Helsinki and Espoo will also have additional services on New Year’s night.
Last metro services from the Central Railway Station:
- To to east: to Vuosaari at 2.39am and to Mellunmäki at 2.34am
- To the west: to Matinkylä/Tapiola at 2.26am
Viimeiset metron lisävuorot lähtevät pääteasemilta:
Last metro services from the termini:
- From Matinkylä to Vuosaari at 2.19am
- From Tapiola to Vuosaari at 2.24am The last metro to Mellunmäki will depart at 2.20am
- From Vuosaari to the west at 2.05am
- From Mellunmäki to Tapiola at 2am
L, I and P trains operate later than usual
The following additional trains will operate on New Year’s night:
- L trains from Helsinki at 1.33am, 2.33am and 5.03am and from Kirkkonummi at 2.37am and 3.37am.
- P trains from Helsinki at 1.48am, 2.18am, 2.48am and 3.18am. These P trains will depart from Tikkurila to Helsinki at 2.30am, 3am, 3.30am and 4am.
- I trains from Helsinki at 1.06am, 1.36am, 2.06am and 2.36am. These I trains will depart from Myyrmäki to Helsinki at 1.50am, 2.20am, 2.50am and 3.20am.
All additional services, timetables and routes to your destination are available in the Journey Planner.
Additional bus services
There will be extra services on bus routes 20N, 39N, 43, 61/N, 65, 67, 71, 74N, 77N, 78N, 79N, 84, 85N, 90N, 92N, 94N, 95N, 96N, 97N, 112N, 113N, 114N, 118N, 125N, 147N, 165N, 231N, 235N, 321/N, 322, 332, 345N, 411, 415N, 421, 431N, 717N, 724N, 731N and 739.
Some bus routes and trams 4 and 10 will be diverted on New Year’s night from 10pm to 1.30am due to New Year’s Eve celebrations at the Kansalaistori Square. Buses usually departing from Elielinaukio will depart from the Mäntymäki Field and buses serving Kamppi that usually run along Mannerheimintie as well as trams 4 and 10 will be diverted through Töölö. See a separate release for more details.
On New Year’s Day, Wednesday 1 January, a Sunday service will operate.