HSL public transport over the May Day bank holiday 2020
As there will be no traditional May Day celebrations this year, no additional public transport services will be provided over the May Day bank holiday. On Thursday 30 April, a weekday service will operate. Extended night service will not operate. On May Day, Friday 1 May, a Sunday service will operate.
Thursday 30 April
- Buses will operate a weekday service. There will be no extended night service or additional services.
- The Metro will operate a normal weekday service. Extended night service will not operate.
- Commuter trains will operate a Friday service.
May Day 1 May
- Buses will operate a Sunday service. Extended night service will not operate.
- There will be no additional tram or bus services.
- Commuter trains will operate a normal weekend night service.
This year, May Day will be marked with virtual celebrations. For example, the City of Helsinki is offering a range of virtual events. You can read more at the City of Helsinki's website. Read more about the City of Espoo’s tips for May Day celebrations: Celebrate May Day at Home