The Journey Planner is HSL’s route and timetable service for the users of public transport in Helsinki, Espoo, Kauniainen, Vantaa, Kerava, Sipoo, Kirkkonummi, Siuntio and Tuusula. The service is available online and on mobile.
The Journey Planner includes the following services:
- The route search finds you the fastest public transport link between two addresses. The advanced search allows you to specify your search using various search criteria, for example, number of transfers or walking distance.
- The 'Timetables and stops' section contains route and stop-specific timetables. You can search for timetables using the search function, or browse them by mode of transport or locality.
- The route map shows the routes of different modes of transport as well as the locations of stops and next departures from selected stops.
- Walking and cycling finds you the shortest walking or cycling route.
- My Journey Planner is a personal user account where you can save your own stops and routes and subscribe to disruptions alerts. My Journey Planner requires registration.
- My stops shows the next departures from a selected stop. You can save the stops in My Journey Planner.
Disruption info provides information about disruptions to public transport services as well as diversion routes and special timetables in place for more than 15 minutes.
You can view the alerts at hsl.fi (front page) in the My routes services or in the Journey Planner. You can register to the My routes service and receive disruption alerts to your email.
The service has been integrated in nearly all displays and electronic information services in use in the region’s public transport.
A host of independent services that promote the availability of passenger information have been created based on the open data provided by HSL. The distribution, prices and features of the services are at the responsibility of each service provider.
HSL wants to promote the openness of its information resources and to encourage citizens to participate in the development of services. HSL’s open information resources can be utilized through the Journey Planner API. Instructions for the use of the API are available online
HSL's Customer Service
HSL’s Customer Service number is 09 4766 4000 (local network charge). The line is open Mon-Fri 7am-7pm and Sat-Sun 8am-5pm. Call the number if you need information about:
- Public transport routes, timetables and ticket prices
- Travel Card
- Lost Travel Cards
- Booking a ride on a Jouko route (DRT).
Route-specific printed timetables are available at HSL service points.
There are also brochures about the use of public transport to facilitate the planning of journeys and travel by public transport. The brochures are available at HSL service points and municipal service points.
The addresses and other contact details of HSL service points and municipal service points are available in the sales point search.