Park & Ride facilities are designes for public transport users. The parking areas are located close to public transport stops and stations. You can leave your car at a Park & Ride and continue by Metro, train, bus or tram. Park & Ride facilities are for commuter parking and the maximum parking time at most sites is 12 or 24 hours.
Those who have a public transport ticket, can use Park & Ride for free, or for a fee of a few euros. At parking facilities available for a fee, you need to validate your season or value ticket at a card reader and pay the parking fee at a parking ticket machine by cash or by credit card. In some facilities, you can only pay by cash. Please note that mobile tickets purchased on the HSL app are not valid for Park & Ride.
Parking areas available for a fee usually have barriers. At these sites, the maximum parking time is 10-12 hours for a fee of 1-4 euros. This is what you should do at most car parks:
- Show your adult Travel Card to the card reader. You must have valid season or value ticket on the card. You can buy a value ticket at the reader.
- Take your parking ticket. You might need the parking ticket to enter the floor on which the Park & Ride is located.
- Please follow the signs and instructions.
- Place your parking ticket inside your windscreen for the duration of parking, if instructed to do so.
- When leaving, insert your parking ticket into the payment machine and pay your parking. Use the ticket you get from the machine to exit the car park.
The following Park & Ride facilities have card readers: Matinkylä, Niittykumpu, Urheilupuisto, Tapiola, Ruoholahti, Kalasatama and Myllupuro (along the metro line) as well as Leppävaara, Martinlaakso and Malmi (along the rail line).
You can view the Park & Ride areas on the map. Click on a point on the map to see the number of car and bicycle spaces. Zoom in to se ee all car and bicycle spaces in the area. You may have to click on the link more than once to see all the areas. Car spaces are marked in light blue, bike spaces with a bike icon. Click on the area to view the details of an individual parking area.