Park & Ride
If you use public transport for part of your journey, you can leave your car at a Park & Ride. Some of the parking spaces are available for a fee. You can pay your journey with a HSL-card or purchase a ticket from a vending machine or bus driver.
Car sharing is a good solution for occasional car needs. City Car Club has a variety of cars available to be collected at over 100 locations in the Helsinki metropolitan area. You can collect and return the car using your mobile phone.
HSL’s customers get a 25 per cent discount on the City Car Club package prices. You can benefit from the special prices provided you have a season ticket on your HSL-card. The validity of the season ticket is checked every now and then.
- S package €7.50/month (normal price €10/month)
- M package €22.50/month (normal price €30/month)
- L package €37.50/month (normal price €50/month)
This is what to do:
- Fill in the sign up form at www.citycarclub.fi
- Enter the 18-digit HSL-card number (on the back of the card) in the field reserved for it.
- The cars are at your disposal once City Car Club has confirmed your application and you have had a brief introduction to the use of the service.
More information and the sign up form: City Car Club
The following car rental agencies offer benefits for HSL’s customers. To get the discount, show your HSL-card at the rental agency. The discount is a benefit offered to regular customers using a Travel Card season ticket. The validity of the season ticket is checked every now and then.
- Up to 15% discount on the normal prices, fixed-price weekend packages
- A 10% discount on normal holiday and weekend prices in car rentals located in the HSL area
- VW Polo for €112 (Friday 3pm-Monday 8am).The price includes VAT, an insurance with an excess of €950 and maximum 600 kilometers.
- VW Transporter van for €140/day Monday-Friday The price includes VAT, an insurance with an excess of €1,250 and maximum 200 kilometers.
- GPS free of charge when you rent a car.
- You can return the car to any Sixt locations in the metropolitan area free of charge.
Ride sharing reduces traffic volumes, emissions and congestion. According to law, the person offering a ride can ask for compensation for fuel as long as it is not in a professional capacity. There are also online ride sharing services. For example, GreenRiders provides ride sharing services both for private persons and companies.
How to drive a car without owning one brochure (Finnish, Swedish, English)
Car hotel is a car winter storage service provided by the City of Helsinki. Car hotels are fenced areas with lighting and round-the-clock video surveillance. Put your car in winter storage and use public transport or shared or rental cars for occasional car needs!
Tattarisuo car hotel: The winter storage in Tattarisuo (Jäähdytintie 12) is meant for private persons living in Helsinki. You can bring one to five cars to the hotel. A storage agreement is concluded for 30-180 days at a time. The storage costs EUR 35 a month.
Kalasatama car hotel: The Kalasamata car hotel located at the southern end of Kyläsaari is free of charge for holders of residential parking permits. Please contact the customer service of the Helsinki Public Works Department to set up a winter storage agreement.
More information about car hotels (City of Helsinki, in Finnish)