Since the coronavirus (COVID-19) is spread through close human contact, we try to reduce person-to-person contact as much as possible. For example, there will be no additional services to Seurasaari this year. However, public transport is operating to keep society running. Changes to U-line services are possible over the Easter weekend, please check the operator’s website for any changes.
On Easter Sunday 12 April and Easter Monday 13 April, there will be changes to E, U and L train services due to track work in Pasila. Some E trains will be cancelled and there are changes to the departure times of U and L trains. Read more in our release.
In addition, some trains will not stop at Ilmala station between Saturday 11 April and Monday 13 April and there will be changes to departure platforms at Pasila station from Friday evening 10 April to Tuesday morning 14 April. Read more in our release.
NB! Over the Easter holiday, you might be tempted to visit the Suomenlinna island but we advise to avoid all unnecessary travel due to the coronavirus epidemic. Suomenlinna is reachable only by ferry where passengers need to travel close to each other. Keeping safe distances is difficult if there are many passengers.
Suomenlinna residents need to take the ferry to go to work and to run necessary errands. The ferry is the only means of transport for the residents, so please do not visit the island during the epidemic.
Maundy Thursday 9 April
- A Thursday service will operate with the exception of commuter trains which will operate a Friday service.
Good Friday 10 April
- A Sunday service will operate. Commuter trains L, P, K, T and Z will have additional services on Friday night.
Holy Saturday 11 April
- A Saturday service will operate.
Easter Sunday 12 April
- A Sunday service will operate. Commuter trains L, P, K, T and Z will have additional services on Sunday night.
Easter Monday 13 April
- A Sunday service will operate.
HSL service points over the long Easter weekend
HSL and municipal service points will be open on Maundy Thursday. All service points will be closed 10-13 April. Instead of visiting service points, we encourage people to use our online and mobile services as well as ticket machines.
On Maundy Thursday 9 April, HSL service points will be open as follows:
- Pasila 7.30am-6pm
- Itäkeskus 8.30am-6pm
- The Central Railway Station service point is closed until further notice.
Vantaa info will be open as follows:
- Myyrmäki 7.45am-3pm
- Tikkurila 7.45am-3pm
- Korso closed until further notice
Service points in Espoo will be open as follows:
- Espoon keskus 10am-5pm
- Tapiola 10am-5pm
- Kalajärvi 9.30am-4pm
- Matinkylä, Leppävaara and Espoonlahti service points are closed until further notice.
Service points in Sipoo:
- Nikkilä is open on Maundy Thursday 8am-2pm
- Söderkulla is closed until further notice.
The service point in Kauniainen is closed until further notice.