Who is eligible for the discount?
You are eligible for the discount if
- You are aged 70 or over
- You live permanently in Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Kauniainen, Kirkkonummi, Siuntio, Kerava, Sipoo or Tuusula.
Which tickets does the discount apply to?
The discount applies to
- Journeys that begin between 9am and 2pm
- Single tickets and zone extension tickets purchased using the HSL app
- value tickets and zone extension tickets purchased with a personal HSL card; you need to visit a service point to update the card
- The discount is 50% on adult fares.
Updating your discount entitlement on the HSL app
In order to buy discount tickets, you must update your information on the app and confirm that you are aged 70 or over. To verify your age, you must strongly authenticate with your online banking credentials or mobile ID.
Updating your discount entitlement on the HSL card
- In order to buy discount tickets with your HSL card, you must visit a service point to update your card. Your discount entitlement (customer group) will be stored on your card at the service point. The update is free of charge.
- You can visit any service point to update your customer group: HSL service points at Helsinki Central Railway Station, in Itäkeskus and Pasila, as well as service points in Espoo, Vantaa, Kerava, Kauniainen, Tuusula, Sipoo and Siuntio. Find a service point: www.hsl.fi/en/tickets-and-fares/sales-points
- The discount applies to tickets purchased with a personal HSL card. The discount is not available with a multi-user card. As multi-user cards cannot be converted into personal cards, you need to buy a new card. A card charge of 5 euros is charged for the new card.