Who is entitled to the discount for disabled people?
Permanent residents in the HSL area whose mobility is impaired owing to a permanent injury or chronic disease are, under certain conditions, entitled to reduced fares. Wheelchair users do not need a ticket on HSL public transport. Your companion can travel for free with you, provided you have a Companion Pass.
The discount entitlement is stored on the Travel Card. The discount is applicable to regional season and value tickets as well as internal season and value tickets. The discount is 25 % (discount group 1).
- Injury of lower limbs, back or spinal cord, at least severe (disability category at least 11)
- Respiratory or circulatory disease impairing the person’s mobility, at least severe (disability category at least 11)
- Brain injury or developmental disability, at least severe (disability category at least 11)
- Another reason for impaired mobility, at least severe (disability category at least 11)
- Visual impairment, very severe (disability category at least 15)
You need the following documents to get a disabled person’s Travel Card:
- Card user’s official identification document (an official identity card, passport, driver’s license, Kela card with a photograph).
- HSL’s discount ticket application form signed by a physician
The medical certificate can be written by a health center physician, medical specialist or a private practitioner. Residents of Kirkkonummi can get a certificate from a health center physician or a doctor at HUS or Jorvi.
Applications are received and processed at all Travel Card service points.