Who is entitled to a pensioner fare?
Pensioners traveling with a personal Travel Card are entitled to reduced fares under certain conditions.
The discount is applicable to Travel Card season and value tickets. The discount entitlement is stored on the Travel Card at a service point.
To be able to get the discount, you must live permanently in the HSL area: Helsinki, Espoo, Kauniainen, Vantaa, Kirkkonummi, Siuntio, Kerava, Sipoo or Tuusula.
You are eligible for the discount if:
- You receive a national pension from Kela (The Finnish Social Insurance Institution) and do not receive guarantee pension. The discount is 25 % (discount group 1).
- You receive a full or reduced guarantee pension. The discount is 50 % (discount group 2).
You need the following documents to get a pensioner Travel Card:
- Card user’s official identification document (an official identity card, passport, driver’s license, Kela card with a photograph).
- A certificate from Kela that shows you are receiving national pension/guarantee pension. The certificate must be issued not earlier than three months prior to the application.
- If you have a Kela national pension card, it is sufficient for obtaining the 25% discount.
Validity of the discount entitlement
The discount entitlement is valid for a maximum of three years. If the right to a national pension or guarantee pension is for a fixed term, the customer group is valid until the date shown on the certificate from Kela.