People entitled to a free Travel card

Who is entitled to a free Travel Card?

Blind persons, disabled war veterans and front-veterans who are permanent residents in the HSL area are entitled to free regional Travel Cards provided they meet the following criteria:

  • Blind persons: degree of disability 50 %
  • Disabled war veterans of Finnish wars: disability due to a war injury
  • Front-veterans of Finnish wars and labor conscripts who served in the Finnish wars and who have one of the three service badges required.

In addition, wheelchair users do not need a ticket on HSL public transport. Your companion can travel for free with you, provided you have a Companion Pass.

You need the following documents to get a free Travel Card:

Blind persons

  • Card user’s official identification document (an official identity card, passport, Kela card with a photograph).

  • A medical certificate from an eye specialist in compliance with the eligibility criteria or a visually impaired person’s card issued by the Finnish Federation of the Visually Impaired or Förbundet Finlands Svenska Synskadade rf.


Back to top