On New Year’s Eve Tuesday 31 December 2013, a Friday service will operate on HSL public transport. There will be additional services on the New Year night. In Espoo, service routes will operate a normal Tuesday service.
The Metro will run two hours later than on a normal weekday evening. The Metro will run on the Mellunmäki and Vuosaari lines every 10 minutes until the end of service. This means that there will be a metro train between Ruoholahti and Itäkeskus every 5 minutes.
The following additional commuter trains will be running:
- L trains from Helsinki at 4.47am and from Kirkkonummi at 1.50am, 2.50am, 3.50am and 4.50am.
- N trains from Helsinki at 3.31am, and 4.31am
- T train from Helsinki at 5.01am
On New Year’s Day, a Sunday service will operate. On U lines, the SS services will not operate.
Transport services on the Epiphany
On the eve of the Epiphany, 5 January, a Sunday service and night services will operate. On U lines, the SS services will not operate. The extended Metro service will operate on the weekend timetable.
Also, the following additional commuter trains will be running:
- I trains from Helsinki at 10.46pm, 11.16pm and 11.46pm
- I trains from Tikkurila at 11.46pm and 0.16am
- N trains from Helsinki at 0.01 am, 1.01 am, 2.01 am and 3.01 am
- N trains from Kerava at 0.45 am, 1.45 am, 2.45 am and 3.45 am
- T trains from Helsinki at 2.31am and 4.01am
- H train from Riihimäki at 11.14 pm
- T trains from Riihimäki at 0.37 am and 1.37 am
- L trains from Helsinki at 2.47am and 3.47am.
On the Epiphany 6 January, a Sunday service will operate. On U lines, the SS services will operate.
HSL customer services over the New Year and on the Epiphany
HSL’s service point at the Central Railway Station will be open on 31 December until 5pm. On New Year’ Day the service point will be closed. The Itäkeskus service point will be open on New Year’s Eve until 5.15pm, on New Year’s Day it will be closed. Both of the service points will be closed on Monday 6 January.
HSL customer service line on 09 4766 4000 will be open on New Year's Eve 9am-7pm, on New Year’s Day, 5 January and Epiphany 9am-5pm.