As there will be no traditional May Day celebrations this year, no additional public transport services will be provided over the May Day bank holiday. On Thursday 30 April, a weekday service will operate. Extended night service will not operate. On May Day, Friday 1 May, a Sunday service will operate.
Thursday 30 April
- Buses will operate a weekday service. There will be no extended night service or additional services.
- The Metro will operate a normal weekday service. Extended night service will not operate.
- Commuter trains will operate a Friday service.
May Day 1 May
- Buses will operate a Sunday service. Extended night service will not operate.
- There will be no additional tram or bus services.
- Commuter trains will operate a normal weekend night service.
This year, May Day will be marked with virtual celebrations. For example, the City of Helsinki is offering a range of virtual events. You can read more at the City of Helsinki's website. Read more about the City of Espoo’s tips for May Day celebrations: Celebrate May Day at Home