More frequent Metro service from 18 May
The Metro will run more frequently at peak times from Monday 18 May 2020.
From Monday, the Metro will run every 6 minutes on both lines Monday-Friday 6am-9am and 2.15pm-5.45pm. On the shared section of line between Itäkeskus and Tapiola, the headways will be three minutes. The timetables will be updated in the Journey Planner over the next few days.
With more frequent service, there will be more room on the trains at peak times. However, we are still advising people to avoid non-essential travel and to make short journeys by bike or on foot, where possible.
Remember safe travel!
We at HSL do everything we can to make travel on public transport safe. Safety is a joint effort and each of us can contribute to the safety of public transport through our actions.
When travelling on public transport, please:
- Only travel if you are healthy. Do not take public transport if you have any flu symptoms.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue.
- Wash your hands often. Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at some Metro stations, but we advise you to keep hand sanitizer with you.
- Distance yourself from other passengers as much as you can. If the vehicle is full, please wait for the next one.
- As far as possible, avoid touching surfaces.