Transport services over the May Day bank holiday
On May Eve Thursday 30 April, a Friday service will operate. Kirkkonummi routes 918 and 919 and service routes in Espoo will operate a normal Thursday service. Kutsuplus will operate until midnight.
Tram routes will be diverted in downtown Helsinki in the evening. There will be additional bus and commuter train services, and the Metro will run two hours longer than usual.
The Metro feeder bus routes 85B and 86B will run from the Herttoniemi metro station to Laajasalo for two hours longer than usual. Other feeder services will operate as usual.
The last Metro departures on May Eve
Route 102 from Kamppi to Otaniemi will run until about 3.30am.
The following additional commuter trains will be running: L train from Helsinki to Kirkkonummi at 4.47am and from Kirkkonummi to Helsinki at 1.47am, 2.47am, 3.47am and 4.47am; N trains from Helsinki to Kerava at 3.31am and 4.31am; and T train from Helsinki via Kerava to Riihimäki at 5.01am.
Additional bus services on May Eve
Tram routes diverted on May Eve
Tram routes running via the Market Square will be diverted from about 4pm on Thursday 30 April due to May Eve celebrations around the statue of Havis Amanda.
- Tram 1 A will run from Hakaniemi to Eira via the Central Railway Station, Bulevardi and Fredrikinkatu. The tram will not serve Kruununhaka, the Market Square and the eastern end of Tehtaankatu.
- Tram 2 will run from Simonkatu to the terminus of tram 1A in Eira via Mannerheimintie, Bulevardi and Fredrikinkatu. The tram will not serve the Central Railway Station, Mikonkatu, Aleksanterinkatu and the Market Square.
- Tram 3 will run from Fredrikinkatu to the terminus of tram 1A in Eira. The tram will not serve the eastern end of Tehtaankatu.
Tram 3 will be replaced by bus 3X which will run between Eteläranta and Viiskulma every 10 minutes from 4.45pm to 1.20am.
Map showing the route of bus 3x
Also Aleksanterinkatu will be reserved for pedestrians only from 4pm onwards.
- Tram routes 4 and 4T will be diverted to run from Katajanokka to Mannerheimintie via Kruununhaka and the Central Railway Station. The trams will not serve Aleksanterinkatu between the Senate Square and the Student House (Ylioppilastalo).
- Trams 7A and 7B will run via the Central Railway Station. The trams will not serve Aleksanterinkatu and Kruununhaka.
On May Eve, additional diversions will be in place for tram routes 1A, 2, 3, 6T and 9 as well as bus route 20 from 4pm to 4.45pm due to a procession held by Aalto University.
- Tram 1A will run from Hakaniemi via the Central Railway Station and Kamppi to Ruoholahti and the Salmisaari turnaround.
- Tram 2 will run from Simonkatu via the Central Railway Station, Kaisaniemenkatu, Liisankatu, Snellmaninkatu and Aleksanterinkatu to the Katajanokka terminal. From the terminal, the tram will run back to Hakaniemi via Snellmaninkatu under route number 3.
- Tram 3 will run from Hakaniemi via Liisankatu and Snellmaninkatu to the Katajanokka terminal. From the terminal the tram will run under route number 2 via Snellmaninkatu, Liisankatu and Kaisaniemenkatu to its own route in the direction of Kamppi.
- Tram 6T will run from the Central Railway Station along the route of tram 9 via Kamppi to the West Harbor.
Bus 3X replacing tram 3 will run from 4pm to 4.45pm along Fredrikinkatu to the Kampintori stop (1213) and return to its own route along Albertinkatu. Transfer from tram 2 to a replacement bus to Eteläsatama will be possible at the Kamppi (M) -> Kampintori (1213) stops.
On route 20, services from Erottaja from 3.47pm to 4.47pm will run via Kamppi as shown on the map below. From the direction of Katajaharju, the bus will use its normal route.
Additional services on May Day
On May Day 1 May, a Sunday service will operate. There will be additional bus, tram and train services. The SS services on U line buses will not operate. Kutsuplus will not run on May Day. Night bus services will operate on the night after May Day.
Commuter trains will operate a Sunday service from 6am. In addition, E trains will run every 30 minutes from Helsinki 9.49am – 8.19pm and from Kauklahti 10.25am – 8.55pm. There will also be additional trains units: M trains will run with two units 9am-1pm and N trains will run with two units 9am-8pm.
Also the following commuter trains will run: I trains from Helsinki at 10.16pm, 10.46pm, 11.16pm; I trains from Tikkurila at 11.16pm and 11.46pm; N trains from Helsinki at 0.01am, 1.01am, 2.01am and 3.01am; N trains from Kerava at 0.45am, 1.45am, 2.45am and 3.45am; T trains from Helsinki at 2.31am and 4.01am; H train from Riihimäki at 11.14pm; T trains from Riihimäki at 0.37am and 1.37am; and L trains from Helsinki at 2.47am and 3.47am
An additional bus 18V will run to Kaivopuisto Park. The bus will run every 10-15 minutes between Eira, Kamppi and Meilahti. The bus will run from Eira 8.48am – 8.13pm and from Meilahti 8.22am – 7.45pm.
Tram 3X will run in both directions from the Central Railway Station via the Market Square, Olympia Terminal, Kaivopuisto, Eira and Bulevardi back to the Central Railway Station 9am-8pm. Tram 10X will run from Kirurgi via Lasipalatsi to Ooppera from 9am to 7pm.
On route 985 from Nikkilä to Kerava Station will have additional services on May Day in the morning and evening.
Additional bus services on May Day