Changes to commuter train services from 10 August
There will be changes to HSL commuter train services from the start of the winter service period on Monday 10 August. U trains running to Siuntio will become X trains. The change will simplify the train letter codes as in the future, all trains serving Siuntio will be designated by letters X and Y and U trains will terminate at Kirkkonummi.
There will also be changes to the commuter train headways on the Main Line and on the Ring Rail Line on weekday and Saturday evenings due to financial adjustment measures. VR commuter trains, i.e. R, D, T and Z trains, will revert to their normal headways from 10 August when the bridge work underway in Pukinmäki is completed.
Train timetables from 10 August are available in the Journey Planner as well as in the printable timetables (Link to the timetables)
Key changes to commuter train services from 10 August
Ring Rail Line
- P trains will run every 15 minutes instead of every 10 minutes on weekdays and Saturdays between 7pm and 9pm. Likewise, I trains will run every 15 minutes on weekdays and Saturdays between 6pm and 7pm.
- Trains to Siuntio will be labelled “X” and “Y”.
- The 5.58am L train from Kirkkonummi running on weekdays will be replaced by a 6.07am U train and a new 6.26am A train from Leppävaara will start running.
- A new Monday to Friday E train service will be introduced: the train will depart from Kauklahti at 6.05am.
- The 7.20am U train from Siuntio running on weekdays will be replaced by a 7.29am U train from Kirkkonummi and a new Y train from Siuntio at 7.09am on weekdays will be introduced.
- K trains will run every 15 minutes instead of every 10 minutes on weekdays and Saturdays approximately between 6pm and 7pm. K trains from Kerava will run every 30 minutes from 9.42pm every day. In addition, the 3.05am K train from Kerava running on Saturdays and Sundays will be withdrawn.
- VR commuter trains D, R and Z will revert to the timetables operated in the spring (timetables introduced on 23 March).