K, T, R, Z, P and I train services to be replaced with buses between Tapanila and Järvenpää on weekday nights from 28 August to 9 September
K, T, R, Z, P and I trains will not run between Tapanila and Järvenpää on weekday nights from 28 August to 9 September. Train services will be replaced with buses from Sunday night to Thursday night between 0.40am and 4.30am. Services will operate as usual on Fridays and Saturdays.
K, T, R, Z, P and I train services will be replaced with buses between Tapanila and Järvenpää from Sunday night to Thursday night between 28 August and 9 September. Services will operate as usual on Friday nights and Saturday nights. Replacement bus 699X will run between Malmi and Järvenpää and bus 969X has one service between Kerava and Järvenpää.
The reason for the arrangement is track work with the purpose of increasing the number of rail tracks between Helsinki and Riihimäki.
Effects on K, T, R, Z, P and I trains from 28 August to 9 September
Services after midnight between Sunday night and Thursday night will be affected. At weekends, services will operate as usual on Fridays and Saturdays.
You can search for a replacement route for your journey as well as see all the timetables during the disruption on the Journey Planner. You can also find a list of all the changes below.
From the direction of Helsinki:
- The 0.40am R train from Helsinki is cancelled. Passengers can use the 0.10am Z train from Helsinki to travel to Kerava and continue from there to Järvenpää with replacement bus 969X that leaves at 0.37am. R train will leave from Järvenpää to Riihimäki at 1.30am.
- K trains from Helsinki at 0.21am and 0.51am, an additional K train from Helsinki at 1.21am and T train from Helsinki at 1.51am will run only as far as Tapanila. All K and T trains run to Kerava, where passengers can change to replacement bus 699X in order to travel to Järvenpää. The buses will depart from Ala-Malmintori (bay 20), but interchanging from bus to train is easiest in Tapanila. T trains will depart from Järvenpää to Riihimäki at 2.49am and 3.19am.
In the direction of Helsinki:
- K trains that would normally depart from Kerava at 0.34am, 1.34am and 4.04am and the 3.32am T train to Helsinki are cancelled between Kerava and Tapanila. K trains will depart from Tapanila to Helsinki at 0.53am, 1.23am, 1.53am and 4.23am. Additionally, there is a T train that will depart from Tapanila to Helsinki at 3.51am. Replacement bus 699X will leave from Järvenpää at 0.18am, 0.48am, 2.48am and 3.18am and continue to Tapanila (and Malmi) via Kerava.
- The 0.18am and 0.48am P trains from Helsinki (from Helsinki Airport at 0.52am and 1.22am) will only run as far as Leinelä. Extra I trains will depart from Leinelä at 1.01am and 1.31am and continue to Helsinki via Helsinki Airport, Myyrmäki and Huopalahti. However, the I train that leaves Leinelä at 1.01am will not run following nights: Sun–Mon 2–3 October, and Mon–Tue 3–4 October.
- The 0.24am Z train from Lahti will be replaced with Z train that leaves 3 minutes earlier at 0.21am and runs only as far as Kerava. In Kerava, passengers can change to replacement bus 699X that leaves to Tapanila at 1.06am. In Tapanila, passengers can change to K train to Helsinki.
- T trains will leave from Riihimäki at 2.18am and 2.48am. The trains will only run as as far as Järvenpää. Replacement bus 699X will leave from Järvenpää at 2.48am and 3.18am and continue via Kerava to Tapanila (and Malmi), where passengers can change to K or T train to Helsinki.
- The first T train from Riihimäki to Helsinki will depart at 4.00am. The train will depart from Jokela at 4.14am. From Kerava, the train will continue to Helsinki as usual at 4.32am.
- An additional R train will leave from Kerava to Helsinki at 5.00am.
Bus 699X Malmi–Järvenpää
The buses will stop at every intermediate station except the Hiekkaharju station. In Hiekkaharju, the buses will serve the “Malmimäki” stops on Talvikkitie, by the Hiekkaharju elementary school. The buses will serve the stops by all the other stations that have been marked with a sign indicating a replacement bus stop. The stops for the replacement buses are marked on the maps at the stations. The stations maps can also be found on the page Printable maps and timetables under section “Maps of stations".
Bus 969X Kerava–Järvenpää
Stops served by bus 969X:
- Kerava station: bay 11 (Ke0408).
- Ainola: on Ainolanväylä, the Ratsastuskeskus (Jä0030) stop by the Myrskykatu intersection.
- Järvenpää station: bay 15 (Jä2125)
You can use the same tickets as for the trains when travelling on a replacement bus
You can board the buses also through the middle doors. You can use the same tickets as for the trains when travelling on a replacement bus, that is, valid tickets of both HSL and VR.