Changes to I and P train services at night between 6 and 9 December – replacement bus 499X to run
I and P trains will not run between Malminkartano and Kivistö at night between 6 December and 9 December 10.30pm to 4.30am due to updates to the traffic control system. The service disruptions will affect the timetables of I and P trains throughout the route. Bus 499X will replace train services.
Traffic control system will be undergoing updates between Malminkartano and Kivistö at night between Tuesday 6 December and Friday 9 December 10.30pm to 4.30am. At these times, I and P trains will only run from Helsinki via Huopalahti to Malminkartano and from Helsinki via Helsinki Airport to Kivistö. There will be no service between Kivistö and Malminkartano stations.
The service disruptions will affect the timetables of I and P trains throughout the route.
Bus 499X will replace train services.
Service changes at night 6-9 December
There will be no train services between Malminkartano and Kivistö stations from 10.30pm to 4.30am. Bus 499X will replace trains between Pohjois-Haaga and Kivistö. There will be no replacement bus service from Kannelmäki. More information about the bus is available below.
Helsinki – Huopalahti – Malminkartano
P trains from Helsinki will terminate at Malminkartano. From Malminkartano, the trains will head back to Helsinki as I trains. P and I trains between Malminkartano and Helsinki will run every 15 minutes.
- Between 10.23pm and 0.53am, P trains will depart from Helsinki at 8, 23, 38 and 53 minutes past the hour.
- I trains from Malminkartano to Helsinki will run every 15 minutes between 10.07pm and 0.37am, after which there will be two more trains at 0.57am and 1.12am.
Helsinki – Airport – Kivistö
I trains from Helsinki via Helsinki Airport will terminate at Kivistö. From Kivistö, the trains will head back to the airport as P trains. I trains between Kivistö and Helsinki will run every 30 minutes.
- Between 10.36pm and 0.06am, I trains will depart from Helsinki at 6 and 36 minutes past the hour. The 11.36pm and 0.06am I trains from Helsinki will wait 7 minutes at Helsinki Airport and arrive at Kivistö at 0.18am and 0.48am.
- P trains from Kivistö via Helsinki Airport to Helsinki will depart at 11.04pm, 11.34pm, 0.14am, 0.44am and 1.14am.
Replacement bus 499X
You can use the same tickets as for the trains on the replacement bus. If you have a valid ticket, you can board the replacement bus also using the middle doors and you do not need to show your ticket to the driver.
Bus 499X will run between Pohjois-Haaga station and Kivistö station at night 6-9 December. The bus will run from Pohjois-Haaga station straight to Malminkartano, i.e the bus will not serve Kannelmäki. In other words, there will be no replacement bus service from Kannelmäki. In Malminkartano, the stop served by the replacement bus is not at the station. If you are travelling e.g. from Helsinki city center towards Myyrmäki, we advise you to change from train to bus at Pohjois-Haaga station.
You can see the route and timetables of the bus in Journey Planner:
You can get on bus 499X at these stops
- towards Kivistö: bay 11 (next to station on Ropokuja)
- towards Kivistö: “Puustellintie” (H1554, on Malminkartanontie) and “Kehruutie” (V1557, on Korutie)
- towards Pohjois-Haaga: “Puustellintie” (H1555, on Malminkartanontie) and “Kehruutie” (V1558, on Korutie)
- towards Pohjois-Haaga: bay 13(on the Vantaanskoskentie side of the station, bus terminal)