Comment on the draft bus route plans for Ring I
We have developed two alternative draft plans for bus routes serving Ring I. The changes to bus routes in the area are scheduled to take effect in August 2025. Customer feedback and previous route network plans have highlighted that public transport services on Ring I should be improved.
As the contracts for the operation of bus routes 54, 523 (from August 2025) and 553(K) are nearing their end, it is a good time to plan changes to the routes. We have listened to people who live or travel in the area when planning the proposed routes.
Read more about the proposed routes for Ring I and comment on them by completing the survey at the end of the blog post. You have until 13 March to comment.
You can also submit your feedback via our feedback system and customer service (by phone or at our service point).
Bus routes serving Ring I
Next, we will introduce two alternative draft plans for bus routes serving Ring I approximately for autumn 2025. Read more about the proposed changes by route below the maps.
Have your say on the drafts by completing the survey at the end of the blog post. You have until 13 March to comment.
New bus routes for Ring I, Draft A
Draft A: Bus routes serving Ring I from August 2025. The routes of buses 54, 523 and 553 would remain the same as in August 2023. Buses 54 and 553 would also operate on weekends and in the evening, the weekend service 553K would be withdrawn.
Draft A, proposed changes
New bus routes for Ring I, Draft B
Draft B, new bus routes for Ring I from August 2025. New route 541 would run via Ring I from Itäkeskus to Westendinasema and bus 553 would be rerouted. Buses 54, 523 and 553K would be withdrawn and replaced by routes 541 and 553.
Draft B, proposed changes
What do you think about the alternative drafts?
Give your opinion on the alternative draft bus route plans for Ring I! You have until 13 March to comment.Link to the survey
Why the changes?
- Our customers have called for the development of public transport services on Ring I.
- We want to plan public transport routes that cater to the needs of as many people as possible in the area and attract new public transport users.
- The service contracts for the bus routes currently serving Ring I are nearing their expiry dates and this enables changes to be made to the routes.
So far, customers have participated in the project by
• responding to a travel survey conducted to study the people’s travel habits
• participating in a travel diary survey, interviews and workshops held to deepen understanding about people’s travel patterns in areas around Ring I.
• commenting on blog posts
• sending feedback via our feedback system