Public transport over the May Day bank holiday
On 30 April, a Saturday service will operate. On May Day (May 1), a Sunday service will operate. There will be additional transport services on both 30 April and on May Day. There will be diversions to tram routes in downtown Helsinki on 30 April from 3.30pm.
On the eve of May Day, 30 April, a Saturday service will operate. On May Day (May 1), a Sunday service will operate. There will be additional transport services on both 30 April and on May Day. There will be diversions to tram routes in downtown Helsinki on 30 April from 3.30pm due to May Eve celebrations. May Day parades may cause delays to traffic on Sunday. For detailed timetables and diversion routes, see the Journey Planner.
On the eve of May Day, 30 April, a Saturday service will operate, with additional services on the night of May Eve.
The Metro and I and P trains will run about two hours later than usual and buses will have additional services. There will be diversions to tram routes in downtown Helsinki from 3.30pm.
The last Metro services will be:
- M1: From Matinkylä to Vuosaari at 1.19am (Tapiola 1.24am, Central Railway Station 1.39am, Itäkeskus 1.54am) From Vuosaari to Matinkylä at 1.05am
- M2: From Tapiola to Mellunmäki at 1.32am (Central Railway Station 1.47am, Itäkeskus 2.01am) From Mellunmäki to Matinkylä at 1.12am (Itäkeskus 1.18am, Central Railway Station 1.33am, Tapiola 1.47am)
The Metro feeder buses 84 and 88B will have additional services from Herttoniemi Metro Station to Laajasalo until about 2am. Other metro feeder services will operate as usual.
The following additional commuter trains will be running:
- L trains from Helsinki at 0.33am, 1.33am, 2.33am, 5.03am and from Kirkkonummi at 0.57am, 1.27am, 2.27am, 2.57am, 3.27am, 3.57am.
- P trains at 1.48am, 2.18am, 2.48am, 3.18am
- I trains at 0.36am, 1.06am, 1.36am, 2.06am
- K trains from Helsinki at 2.21am, 3.21am and from Kerava at 3.04am and 4.04am.
Tram routes running via the Market Square will be diverted from about 3.20pm on 30 April due to May Eve celebrations around the statue of Havis Amanda.
- Tram 2 will run along Bulevardi to Hietalahti, from where the tram will continue under route number 3.
- Tram 3 will run along Bulevardi to Eiranranta, from where the tram will continue under route number 2.
- The trams will be replaced by bus 3X, which will run between Eteläranta and Lasipalatsi between 3.20pm and 0.55am. (Headways 12 minutes between 3.20pm and 10.30pm, 20 minutes between 10.30pm and 0.55am)
Diversion route of trams 2 and 3 to Hietalahti on 30 April from 3.30pm:
Diversion route of trams 2 and 3 to Eiranranta on 30 April from 3.30pm:
Route of bus 3X on 30 May from 3.30pm:
Aleksanterinkatu will be reserved for pedestrians on the eve of May Day from about 3.30pm..
- Tram routes 4 and 5 will be diverted to run from Katajanokka via Kruununhaka and the Central Railway Station. The trams will not serve Aleksanterinkatu between the Senate Square and Ylioppilastalo.
- Tram 7 will run via the Central Railway Station and Kaisaniemi. It will not serve Aleksanterinkatu and Kruununhaka.
Diversion route of trams 4,5 and 7 on 30 April from 3.30pm:
On May Day, a Sunday service will operate with additional services.
On May Day, the following additional tram services will operate:
- Tram 2B, Central Railway Station–Olympia Terminal, 9am to 8pm approximately every 12 minutes
- Tram 3B, Linjat–Central Railway Station–Eira–Kaivopuisto–Olympia Terminal, 9am to 8pm approximately every 12 minutes
- At the Central Railway Station, tram 2B towards the Olympia Terminal will depart from bay 41 on Kaivokatu and tram 3B will depart from bay 42.
- The trams will change route numbers 2B <-> 3B at the Olympia Terminal stops.
- Tram 10B, Opera–Kirurgi, 9am to 7pm approximately every 12 minutes
Kaivopuisto will also be served by an additional trunk route service 20B which will run every 7–10 minutes between Eira and Kamppi between 8.30am and 8pm.
There will be additional services on Vihdintie bus routes 321, 322 and 345N from 9.30am to 1pm.