Public transport and coronavirus – information for passengers
The coronavirus situation is affecting public transport in the Helsinki region.
We are doing our best to make HSL public transport as safe as possible for both staff and passengers. You can also contribute to making it safe to travel.
Always follow these instructions
Face masks no longer required as of 20 April
- Face masks are not longer required on public transport, but passengers are welcome to wear one if it makes them feel more comfortable.
Travel only when you are healthy
- Do not take public transport if you have any symptoms of illness.
Remember to keep distance
- Distance yourself from other passengers as much as you can at stations, stops and onboard.
Use mobile payment
- As far as possible, avoid touching surfaces. For example, we advise you to buy your tickets using the HSL app, if possible. Single tickets purchased using the app cost the same as value tickets purchased with the HSL card.
- If you need to touch a card reader or ticket machine, clean your hands before and after using the device.
- You can top up your HSL card with a season ticket or value online via the HSL card service.
Cough into a tissue or your sleeve
- If you need to cough or sneeze, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue or your sleeve.
Remember to wash your hands
- It is important to practice good hand hygiene by regularly washing your hands. There are hand sanitizer dispensers at several metro and train stations. In addition, it is a good idea to carry hand sanitizer with you.