Changes to train services on the main line due to track work 7 June to 29 August
Replacement of interlocking in Kerava and bridge work in Pukinmäki will affect commuter train services from 7 June to 29 August. The works will especially affect K train services and services to/from Pukinmäki station. Z trains will only run from Lahti to Haarajoki for part of the summer. Train replacement buses will run from Haarajoki to Kerava. Also journey times will increase. We advise passengers to plan ahead and to allow extra time for their journeys.
Update 8 June: Information about I trains added.
Replacement of interlocking in Kerava and bridge work in Pukinmäki will affect commuter train services from 7 June to 29 August. A new interlocking will be brought into service in Kerava over the summer. In Pukinmäki, the railway bridge over Ring Road I will be repaired.
The works will especially affect K train services and services to/from Pukinmäki station. Northbound I and K trains will run through Pukinmäki station without stopping. Z trains will only run from Lahti to Haarajoki for part of the summer. Train replacement buses will run from Haarajoki to Kerava. In addition, D trains will not run in summer 2021. Journey times will also increase and there will be changes to departure platforms at several stations throughout the summer.
Changes to main line commuter train services
The works will affect K, Z, D and R train services. K trains will operate a reduced service, part of the day only between Tikkurila and Kerava. There will be cancellations to Z and D train services and R trains will operate a reduced peak-time service. There will also be changes to departure platforms.
Due to other track work, changes to K train services will take effect on Monday 7 June.
- Monday to Friday about 5.30am to 7.30pm, K trains will only run between Tikkurila and Kerava, mostly every 20 minutes. K trains will run every 10 minutes on weekdays 7–27 June and 16–29 August about 6.30am to 8.30am and 3.30pm to 5.30pm.
- In the early morning, in the evening and at weekends, K trains will run every 20 minutes between Helsinki and Kerava. In the direction of Kerava, K trains will not stop at Pukinmäki station on weekdays approximately between 5.30am and 11pm and at weekends between 7.30am and 11pm. At night time, the trains will run as usual.
- Passengers travelling by K train in the direction of Helsinki are advised to change to P train at Hiekkaharju station. In the direction of Kerava, we advise passengers to take I train to Hiekkaharju and change to K train there.
I and P trains
- From 7 June to 29 August, I and P trains will run every 10 minutes on weekdays during the daytime and at night. In the evening, about 7pm to 11pm, the trains will run every 20 minutes.
- At weekends, I and P trains will run every 20 minutes between 7.30am and 11pm. At night time, the trains will run as usual. I trains will not stop at Pukinmäki station on weekdays approximately between 5am and 11pm and at weekends between 8am and 11pm.
- Every other I train do not stop at Pukinmäki, Malmi, Tapanila and Puistola stations.
VR commuter trains i.e. R, Z and D trains
The works related to the replacement of the interlocking in Kerava will also affect R, Z and D trains as well as long-distance trains. For detailed timetables of VR commuter trains and long-distance trains, visit vr.fi.
- D trains will not run between 17 June and 15 August.
- 7 June to 15 August, the journey times of Z trains will increase by about 6–8 minutes between Helsinki and Lahti.
- From 21 June to 6 July as well as from 16 July to 22 July, most Z trains will only run between Haarajoki and Lahti. Peak-time trains to/from Kouvola will run from Kouvola to Helsinki and from Helsinki to Kouvola, and the first trains in the morning and the last trains in the evening will run all the way from Lahti to Helsinki and from Helsinki to Lahti.
- When Z trains run only between Lahti and Haarajoki, a train replacement bus, 979X, will run between Kerava and Haarajoki stations. The bus will run every 60 minutes. At Kerava station, the bus will depart from a stop at the bus terminal in front of the station. At Kerava and Haarajoki stations, signage will direct passengers to the replacement bus.
- From Kerava, passengers can continue in the direction of Helsinki by R or K trains (intermediate stations).
- The journey times of R trains will increase by five minutes. In addition, the trains will operate a reduced peak-time service. R trains will run mainly every 30 minutes throughout the day. From 7 to 27 June as well as from 9 to 15 August, there will be additional R trains from Riihimäki at 6.59am and from Helsinki at 4.24pm.
- Commuter train timetables for the HSL area are available at HSL.fi
- For more information about VR commuter trains, visit VR.fi
- See the station displays for up-to-date information about departure platforms and potential changes.